Practice BIHAR SI 2021, with online test series
BIHAR DAROGA Related Content Tab
Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) Bihar SI
Updated On : 23 Feb, 2022
BIHAR SI OVERVIEW
Bihar Police Subordinate Selection Commission (BPSSC) has released the Bihar Police SI/Sergeant Notification 2020 for recruitment of 2213 Vacancies of Police Sub Inspector (PSI) and Sergeant. The Bihar Police SI Exam Date 2020 will be revealed soon on the official website. Bihar Police Sub Inspector and Sergeant is a Level 6 post that comes in a Pay Matrix of Rs. 35,400- Rs. 1,12,400 as per 7th Pay Commission.
Check the official notification on Commission’s Website:
BIHAR SI ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Candidates should have completed Graduation and have Bachelor's Degree before 1st August 2020.
General & BC (Male): Minimum 165 CM
EBC/SC/ST (Male): Minimum 160 CM
Females: Minimum 155 CM Height & 48 kg
BIHAR SI EXAM PATTERN
Objective Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- The Prelims exam will be held offline in written mode.
- There will be 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Candidates need to gain minimum 30% marks in the exam to get shortlisted for Mains exam.
- There will be negative marking of 0.2 (1/5) marks for each wrong answer.
- The Bihar Police SI Mains exam will be held offline in written mode
- Questions will be asked in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) format.
- Candidates need to gain a minimum of 30% marks in General Hindi Paper which is qualifying in nature. Marks obtained in Hindi paper will not be counted for the merit list.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.2 marks for each wrong answer.
- The number of Candidates to be selected for the Physical Efficiency Test will be 6-times more than the Vacancies.
- Physical Efficiency Test:
1 Mile in 6 minutes 30 Seconds
1 km in 6 minutes
16 pound for 16 Feet
12 Pound for 10 feet
- Medical Test
The details about the medical test rounds are unclear as of now. But normally it consists of:
- Blood test
- Visibility Measurement
- Weight Measurement
BIHAR SI SYLLABUS
Bihar Police SI Prelims
The following subjects are covered under the Sub-Inspector Prelims exam:
Soil and Rivers
Heritage & Art
Static General Knowledge
Capitals and Currencies
Culture and Religion
State Level Dances
Full forms and Abbreviations
Disease and Nutrition
Popular Current Events of Country
Bihar Police SI Mains
The subjects covered in Mains Exam are as follows:
Civics, Indian History and Geography of India
BIHAR SI POST DETAILS
A notification was released by Bihar Police Subordinate Selection Commission (BPSSC) for the recruitment of 2213 Vacancies of Police Sub-Inspector and Sergeant.
Have a look at Post-wise vacancy details of Bihar Police Sub-Inspector and Sergeant Recruitment:
Number of Vacancies
Police Sub-Inspector (PSI)
Have a look at Category-wise Vacancy details of Bihar Police Sub-Inspector and Sergeant Recruitment:
Bihar Police SI
Bihar Police Sergeant
Schedule Cast SC
Backward Class for Women
BIHAR SI SELECTION PROCESS
There are four phases in the selection process of recruitment of SI post by Bihar Home Police Department.
Candidates who want to get recruited need to undergo these four phases:
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Medical Test
BIHAR SI SALARY STRUCTURE
₹ 35,400/- to 1,12,400
₹ 35,400/- to 1,12,400/-
BIHAR SI CUT-OFF
Minimum Qualifying Marks
SC/ST and Women Candidates
BIHAR SI PREPARATION TIPS
- Be Thorough with The Syllabus: Go through the syllabus and see what all topics are included under each section. Categorize your strength and weakness, to find out which topics are easy and which are difficult.
- Create a Timetable: The next step is to create a proper and realistic timetable. Separate time slots should be allotted for each of the sections. More time should be spent on the section that you find difficult and less time on your strong sections.
- Develop Reading Habits & Clear Your Concepts: You ne toed understand what each of the concepts means. Otherwise, it won’t be possible for you to even identify the problems. Especially for the Language section (Hindi/English) and General Knowledge & General Awareness sections, you need extensive reading. Try to understand the application and usage of grammatical rules and improve your vocabulary. The General Knowledge & General Awareness section on the other hand needs you to have information about a wide range of topics at your fingertips. All these things can be achieved with regular reading of Newspaper and Articles.
- Memorize the Various Rules, Formulas & Steps to Solve Problems: The Elementary Mathematics section needs one to remember a large number of formulas. For General Intelligence & Reasoning section, you need to understand the theory and then remember the various rules and steps to solve problems.
- Practice Diligently: The next step is to solve the Mock test (at least one daily) diligently until you feel confident about a particular topic. Mark the specific type of questions that you find difficult so that you can visit them later.
- Work on Your Time Management: You need to have a balance between your speed and accuracy. Without speed, you won’t be able to finish the paper on time. And without accuracy, you won’t be able to score well. So, practice in a time-bound manner and try to control the amount of time you spend on every question.
- Work on Your Weaknesses: Once you have finished the whole syllabus, take Full Mock tests (full test). Analyze how you have performed and find out what mistakes you have made. Work on them to improve. Also, as you take mock tests, develop a proper strategy to take the exam. Your strategy should be such that you finish the paper on time with maximum accuracy and minimum negative marking.
BIHAR SI ALL THE BEST
If you have any queries regarding Exam Pattern, Syllabus, or Application Process feel free to ping us. We will get back to you.