Practice UPSI 2021, with online test series
UPSI Related Content Tab
Uttar Pradesh Sub Inspector 2021
Updated On : 22 Feb, 2022
A total of 9534 up police vacancies were released for the posts of Sub Inspector, Platoon Commander, and Fire Officer by the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB) in their official notification on 25th February, 2021.
This vacancy includes post of Sub-Inspector (Confidential), Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police (Clerk) and Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police (Accounts).
Initially, the last date to apply for this vacancy was 30th May, which was extended to15th June, which was re-extended till 15th July, 2021.
Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UPPRPB)
UP Police SI 2021
U.P. Govt. Jobs
UP SI Vacancy
In three phases:
1. Online Written Examination
2.nbsp; Documentation & Physical Standard Test (PST)
3. Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
No. of Sections in online exam:
Name of the Sections
● General Hindi
● Basic Law/Constitution/ General Knowledge
● Numerical & Mental Ability Test
● Mental Aptitude Test/IQ Test/ Test of Reasoning
400 (160 questions of 2.5 marks each)
Minimum 35 % Marks in each subject &
Overall 50% Marks
UPSI ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Eligibility criteria are set by the board and candidates must meet them for the post. The details are given below:
As of 1st July 2021, both male and female candidates should be of ages between 21-28 years.
Relaxations in upper age limit shall be provided to SC/ST and Other categories candidates as per the Government Rules.
Candidates should be graduate degree holders in any discipline from a recognized board/university.
The candidates applying for the post of Fire Officer-2 must be a Science Graduate.
UPSI EXAM PATTERN
The UP Police SI exam will be an online based objective-type exam and the examination pattern is as follows:
Basic Law/Constitution/General Knowledge
Numerical and Mental Ability
Mental Aptitude/IQ/Reasoning Ability
The exam will be an online-based objective type exam.
Candidate must score at least 35% in each section and 50% overall.
Each question will carry 2.5 marks and there shall be no negative marking.
UP Police Physical Standard Test (PST)
Below mentioned are the required physical standards for the post of UP Police SI. Go through the table carefully
Female Candidates should at least weigh 40 kg.
Male Candidates should have a minimum of 5 cm of chest expansion.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Candidates who clear the Physical Standard Test (PST) will be qualified for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Candidates have to cover a certain distance in a specific time period, details of which are mentioned below:
Male – 4.8 KMs in 28 minutes.
Female – 2.4 KMs in 16 minutes.
The UP Police SI written exam will consist of four different papers:
- General Hindi,
- General Knowledge,
- Numerical & Mental Ability Test,
- Mental Aptitude /Intelligence /Reasoning.
UPSI SELECTION PROCESS
The UP Police selection process will consist of three stages:
Stage I - Online Written Exam
The online written examination will be an objective type paper for 400 marks in total.
Stage II - Document Verification & Physical Standards Test
In this stage, candidates will have to provide all the documents they were required to upload at the time of registration. The candidate’s physical measurement will be tested by the board.
Stage III - Physical Efficiency Test
The final stage of the selection process will be the Physical Efficiency Test. In this stage, the candidate’s physical fitness will be tested by the board by making them undergo various tasks.
Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board, UPPBPB has invited applications from candidates to apply for UP Police Recruitment 2021 for the latest UP Police SI/ ASI Vacancy.
Uttar Pradesh Police Sub-Inspector (Confidential)
Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police (Clerk)
Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police (Accounts)
The Pay scale of Sub Inspector starts from Rs. 9,300/- and will continue till Rs. 34,800/- as per 7th CPC. The salary range for the UP SI will be from Rs 27,900 to Rs. 1,04,400.
Detailed salary structure is explained below:
Dearness Allowances & HRA
Gross Monthly Salary
Rs. 27,900 to 1,04,400/-
Rs. 4,000 to 24,000/-
In-Hand UP Police SI Salary
Rs. 24,000 to 80,400/-
In order to ensure selection, one needs to have a proper preparation Plan that will guarantee success in the exam.
- Be Thorough With The Syllabus :Go through the UPSI syllabus and see what all topics are included under each section of the Online Exam. Categorize your strength and weakness, to find out which topics are easy and which are difficult.
- Create A Timetable: The next step is to create a proper and realistic timetable. Separate time slots should be allotted for each of the sections. More time should be spent on the section that you find difficult and less time on your strong sections.
- Develop Reading Habits & Clear Your Concepts: You need to understand what each of the concepts means. Otherwise, it won’t be possible for you to even identify the problems. Especially for the Language section (Hindi/English) and General Knowledge & General Awareness sections, you need an extensive reading. Try to understand the application and usage of grammatical rules and improve your vocabulary. The General Knowledge & General Awareness section on the other hand needs you to have information about a wide range of topics at your fingertips. All these things can be achieved with regular reading of Newspaper and Articles.
- Memorize The Various Rules, Formulas & Steps To Solve Problems: The Elementary Mathematics section needs one to remember a large number of formulas. For General Intelligence & Reasoning section, you need to understand the theory and then remember the various rules and steps to solve problems.
- Practice Diligently: The next step is to solve UPSI Mock test (at least one daily) diligently until you feel confident about a particular topic. Mark the specific type of questions that you find difficult so that you can visit them later.
- Work on Your Time Management: You need to have a balance between your speed and accuracy. Without speed, you won’t be able to finish the paper on time. And without accuracy, you won’t be able to score well. So, practice in a time bound manner and try to control the amount of time you spend on every question.
- Work on Your Weaknesses: Once you have finished the whole syllabus, take UPSI mock tests (full test). Analyze how you have performed and find out what mistakes you have made. Work on them to improve. Also, as you take mock tests, develop a proper strategy to take the exam. Your strategy should be such that you finish the paper on time with maximum accuracy and minimum negative marking.
ALL THE BEST
If you have any query regarding UPSI exam pattern, feel free to ping us.